Syntax error in Python/pygame -


this question has answer here:

i'm learning python/pygame , i'm doing physics tutorial. unfortunately, think made in older version of python. copied code in video exactly, when run it returns "failed run script - syntax error - invalid syntax(physics.py, line 7)". i'm sure it's stupid , obvious i'm missing, answer go long way me!

import os, sys, math, pygame, pygame.mixer pygame.locals import *  screen_size = screen_width, screen_height = 600, 400  class mycircle:     def __init__(self, (x, y), size, color = (255,255,255), width = 1):         self.x = x         self.y = y         self.size = size         self.color = color         self.width = width      def display(self):         pygame.draw.circle(screen, self.color, (self.x, self.y), self.size, self.width)  screen = pygame.display.set_mode(screen_size)  my_circle = mycircle((100,100), 10, red) my_circle_2 = mycircle((200,200), 30, blue) my_circle_3 = mycircle((300,150), 40, green, 4) my_circle_4 = mycircle((450,250), 120, black, 0)  fps_limit = 60 run_me = true while run_me:     clock.tick(fps_limit)      event in pygame.event.get():         if event.type == pygame.quit:             run_me = false      my_circle.display()     my_circle_2.display()     my_circle_3.display()     my_circle_4.display()      pygame.display.flip()  pygame.quit() sys.exit() 

you're using python 3. tuple parameter unpacking removed in 3.x, have change this:

def __init__(self, (x, y), size, color = (255,255,255), width = 1):     self.x = x     self.y = y     self.size = size     self.color = color     self.width = width 

to:

def __init__(self, position, size, color = (255,255,255), width = 1):     self.x, self.y = position     self.size = size     self.color = color     self.width = width 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ios - UICollectionView Self Sizing Cells with Auto Layout -

node.js - ldapjs - write after end error -

DOM Manipulation in Wordpress (and elsewhere) using php -